| by Amy Jane Stewart
ESSENTIAL OILS SHOWN TO SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM:
Grapefruit (Citrus paradisi)
Orange (Citrus sinensis)
Lemon (Citrus limon)
Mandarin (Citrus reticulata)
Spearmint (Mentha spicata)
Tangerine (Citrus tangerina)
Tea Tree (Melaleuca alternifolia)
Sweet Marjoram (Origanum marjorana)
4 WAYS TO SUPPORT THE IMMUNE SYSTEM WITH ESSENTIAL OILS
Choose from the above-mentioned list.
Place 1 – 3 total drops of essential oils on a cotton ball, place cotton ball just under nose and gently inhale. Place cotton ball in zipped, plastic bag to preserve and re-use.
For infants: blend 1 total drop of essential oil into 1 ounce of carrier oil or unscented natural lotion. Massage along spine and feet.For children 1-5 years: blend 5-6 total drops of essential oils into 1 ounce of carrier oil or unscented natural lotion. Massage along spine and feet.For older children and adults: blend 10-12 total drops of essential oils into 1 ounce of carrier oil or unscented natural lotion. Massage well on chest, spine and feet. Gently inhale vapors.
• Place boiling water in a glass bowl
• Add one (1) total drop of essential oil into the bowl
• Then gently stir with spoon
• Cover head in a tent-like fashion with a large bath towel
• Close eyes and inhale gently for10 – 15 minutes
Place 20–30 total drops of essential oils into the glass nebulizer of an essential oil, cold-air diffuser. Refill as needed.
• Place diffusers in opposite corner from baby crib.
• Do not add carrier oils to essential oil, cold-air diffusers.
• To conserve essential oils, use a timer to diffuse on the hour for 10-15 minutes.
• Avoid direct eye contact.
• Keep essential oils out of reach of children and pets.
• Keep essential oil diffusers out of reach of children and pets.
• Avoid placing essential oils on or around the mouths of children 0-5 years old.
• In the event of direct eye contact, place a small amount of carrier oil on a cotton cloth and wipe the affected area.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What are carrier oils?
Carrier oils are fatty oils, which dilute essential oils; they nourish the skin while delivering essential oil components into the body. some examples are: castor oil, grape seed oil, jojoba (a wax), sweet almond oil, olive oil.